Although Temple Intermediate does not have a school uniform, all students must comply with the school dress code.
Temple Intermediate School Dress Code:
1) Hair and physical appearance shall be clean and neatly groomed. No excessive makeup is allowed.
2) Headgear (Hats, Caps, Scarfs, Hoods, Bonnets) is not allowed inside of any school buildings.
3) Shoes must be worn at all times. For safety purposes, open-toed shoes, steel-toed shoes, skate shoes, slippers and shoes with heels greater than three inches in length are not permitted. Cleats are not permitted accept as required for athletic/sports purposes. (Temple Intermediate Safety Committee, March 1, 2018)
4) Lettering or printing will be allowed on shirts, sweatshirts, jewelry, and personal items. Crude or vulgar printing or pictures depicting tobacco, drugs, alcoholic beverages, gang-related names or symbols, or those that are sexually suggestive are not allowed. Site administration reserves the right to declare any item unacceptable.
5) Pant size must be appropriate. If the student removes the belt, pants must not fall more than two inches below the hipbone. The crotch should not drop lower than the fingertips of the extended hand. The length of the pant should not extend past the heel of the shoe.
6) Garments shall be sufficient to conceal undergarments at all times. Night clothing (pajamas) is not to be worn to school.
7) Dresses, skirts and shorts shorter than mid-thigh are prohibited.
8) No garment may be worn that is cut-off, ragged or torn.
The Temple Intermediate Safety Committee determined the following items as gang-related apparel (March 1, 2018):
Teachers may impose more stringent dress requirements to accommodate the special needs of certain sports and/or classes.